Healthy Food Terms
Healthy food is defined as eating different types of foods, which provide the body with the nutrients needed to maintain health, good feeling, and energy. Where good nutrition is important for all groups and these foodstuffs include carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins, and water.
Concept of healthy food
The concept of healthy food refers to eating enough vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, in addition to stopping eating unhealthy foods and drinks. The term healthy food also refers to the need for the body to obtain the number of daily calories it needs without an increase or decrease. Healthy nutrition experts advise that while eating a healthy diet, a person should eat sufficient quantities of vegetables, fruits, and low-fat dairy products, in addition to seafood, lean meats, and nuts, while he should stop eating too much sodium, trans fats, and salts.
Health food terms
- Healthy food should be rich in stimuli for the human immune system.
- Healthy food contains an appropriate amount of beneficial fats.
- Healthy food should be rich in basic food sources: carbohydrates, fats, protein, and vitamins.
Health benefits of healthy food
- Weight management, and reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- When eating healthy foods and reducing unhealthy foods, the risks of many diseases can be reduced: such as heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, some types of cancer, and osteoporosis.
Healthy eating strategy
Healthy shopping The stage of healthy food begins with shopping, where many tips that may be useful in changing the lifestyle to a healthy one can be followed, including:
- Prepare a shopping list before going to the market.
- Avoid entering the market when hungry.
- The menu contains a variety of vegetables and fruits of different types.
- Buy low-sodium foods.
- Replace high-fat foods with lower-calorie and lower-fat foods.
- Buy whole grains, such as whole-grain bread and pasta.
Note: It is preferable to buy fruits and vegetables according to their season to keep money from being wasted.
You can adhere to a healthy diet through many other methods, including:
- Keep a food diary in which everything you eat during the day is written down.
- Determine food dates, and keep them in front of the eye.
- Develop a complete program that includes: when you eat, what you eat, how much you eat, where you eat, and how you feel when you eat.
Food recommended by nutritionists
Practical studies indicate that 70% of cancer diseases are due to reasons related to lifestyle and nutrition, and here is a group of foods that are distinguished in the fight against diseases, which are considered among the most beneficial types of healthy foods:
- the Garlic.
- Green tea.
Note: Drinking water is one of the healthiest habits that nutrition experts stress.