Knowing about COVID-19
coronavirus is one of the viruses that infect the respiratory system or the digestive tract in mammals, and it was named by this name because of the protrusions on its surface that resemble a crown. This virus was isolated for the first time in 1937 when it caused contagious inflammation of the airways in birds. The human coronavirus, OC43, and 229E account for about 30% of colds and colds. The virus that infects humans was first isolated in the 1960s, and several types of coronavirus appeared, some of which are considered dangerous. Wuhan or the new Coronavirus 2019 is the last type to appear until the present time.
Symptoms of corona virus infection
Cold or flu-like symptoms occur two to four days after infection with the Corona virus, and these symptoms are generally mild, and these symptoms include the following:
- Runny Nose.
- Fever: It is a rare symptom.
- Sore Throat.
- Exacerbated Asthma.
Middle East respiratory syndrome may have some complications, including pneumonia and kidney failure, and Middle East respiratory syndrome may cause the death of some people; As three to four people out of ten infected people have died, but most of them were suffering from other health problems, and this confirms what current studies have shown in this field, as studies have proven that people with Weakened Immunity and people Those who suffer from health problems concurrent with the virus (comorbidities); Such as diabetes, cancer, chronic heart disease, chronic lung disease, and chronic kidney disease were more susceptible to infection with the Corona virus, and more likely to develop severe symptoms of the disease.
Ways to prevent transmission of the Corona virus
The transmission of the virus can be prevented by taking daily preventive measures that prevent the transmission of all diseases related to the respiratory system, and it should be noted that if a person with Middle East Respiratory Syndrome is dealt with within fourteen days of his infection without taking the recommended preventive measures, the doctor should be consulted. to assess the situation. Among the recommended measures to prevent respiratory diseases are the following:
- Wash hands with soap and water for twenty seconds, and use alcohol-based sterilizers if soap and water are not available. And teach children that, too.
- Cover the nose and mouth with tissues when sneezing or coughing, and dispose of these tissues immediately.
- Do not touch the eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing cups and utensils with infected people.
- Avoid greeting people with kisses.
- Maintain cleaning and sterilization of surfaces and tools that are used and touched frequently, such as door handles.
Treatment of coronavirus virus
Although there is no cure for the pathological conditions resulting from infection with the Corona virus so far, there are some measures and procedures that can be followed in the event of infection with the Corona virus, including the following:
- Get enough rest.
- Drink adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid smoking, and avoid being in smoke-filled areas.
- Use humidifiers and cool mist vaporizers after making sure they are clean.
- Taking some medications to relieve pain and reduce fever, such as; Acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and naproxen.